Saturday 23 May 2009

Hamish Fulton on summit Mount Everest



While Richard Long was installing his show at Tate Britain in London, his friend, the artist Hamish Fulton was one of the members of the 2009 expedition climbing the South-East ridge of Mount Everest from Nepal. Last week, on Tuesday morning 19 May, Hamish Fulton and the other members of the team succeeded to reach the summit of Mount Everest (8850 m)!

You can read a report of this expedition,
with photographs, on Everest dispatches 2009.

In Autumn 2000 Hamish Fulton made a guided and Sherpa assisted climb to the summit plateau of Cho Oyu (8175 metres) in the Himalaya region of Tibet.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Hamish,

    I have already emailed to say well done - brilliant the most impressive thing done my anyone I know.

    Have you more photos I and my Dad who, as you know has always been interested in climbing, would really like to see images of your great adventure

    Alastair Murray

    ReplyDelete